If you want to make your wedding extra romantic, nothing beats romance, like having an outdoor nighttime wedding.
There's just something about an Arizona wedding as the sun sets behind a cloudy, pink sky, and then partying the night away under the stars. In reality, it's more than romantic, it's unforgettable.
Here are some tips to make sure that your nighttime wedding runs smooth.
1. You will want to visit your Arizona wedding venue at around the same time you will be having your ceremony, in order to see how much light is provided not only naturally, but also by the lights already provided by the venue. This will help you determine if you will need to add additional lighting.
2. Make sure that walkways at your Arizona wedding venue are well lit for your guests. Lighting is everything at an evening wedding. It can make or break the mood, and your guests ankles...
Make sure every area where guests will be walking, or dancing, is lit well.
Here are some lighting ideas from Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/466192998905607280/
3. You will want to let your photographer know that you are having a nighttime wedding and let them know the lighting situation. Be sure to tell them if lighting around the ceremony area is limited or if there will be a lot of light provided, this way they are able to prepare and bring whatever necessary equipment they may need.
4. If you want to have candles at your Arizona wedding venue, try and place them in hurricane vases so you do not have to have someone relight them every time a light breeze blows them out. If you happen to choose to line the aisle with candles, be sure to make the aisle a little wider than normal, allowing yourself plenty of room to walk without having your dress catch fire.
5. Since it will be dark outside use sparklers to add even a more romantic touch to your outdoor wedding. (Check it out: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558094578796061773/)
6. An even more romantic touch that can be added to your wedding can be done by adding hanging lanterns with colored bulbs, on trees throughout the reception site, over the bar area, the dance floor area, and can even be placed in the center of guests tables.
7. Adding white Christmas tree lights around tree trunks, fences, or roofs, can add a nice elegant touch to your Arizona wedding venue.
Here's another great idea from Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/263319909437096350/
However you decide to put together your evening wedding, talk to the experts here at VVL!